Open Builds [Week of 8/9-8/13; Afternoon]
***NOTE: EQUIPMENT / FIELDS AVAILABLE EACH WEEK MAY BE DIFFERENT.***
Participants will have access to a variety of mechanical kits, electronics, control systems, field elements and programming options to explore at their own pace with others. Some of the components that will be available are:
- LEGO Mindstorm EV3 kits and access to additional parts for add-on options.
- Participants can explore other firmware on the EV3s to explore different programming options. NXTs can also be available upon request.
- VEX IQ kits and associated software
- Access to a FIRST LEGO League (FLL) field with mission models
- Access to a VEX IQ field with mission models
- Access to smartphones for App development
- Equipment and software such as 3D Printers, CNCs, Solidworks, PTC and high end graphics PCs will also be available to participants. Training on equipment will be available based on an individual’s skill level.
This is open to middle school and high school students in any school district. Participants should bring a lunch if staying for full day or they want to eat with other participants.
Each week’s morning or afternoon session is $100 or $180 for both the morning and afternoon sessions in the same week. Funds go towards replacement parts and more hands-on capabilities for programs and supported programs such as D38’s Bearbotics.